Some of the excited group waiting at the start of the Birdathon – Family Fun Walk on 04/05/2013.
photographs by Gavin Lawson and Erica Essig,
- BirdLife SA Family Fun Walk event, lots of planning and logistics to get everything
in place for the day.
- Fish Trek.
- P5 Shaping and contouring of banks from CFWWTW side.
- Maintenance of heronries: Adding more brush.
- BIC new plants planted in garden beds (to attract bush birds).
- Soil erosion at J dam – New sand bags added and more carportus planted for stability.
- Baden Powell fence line fixed (vandalism and theft) New wire put up and poles replanted
- Water hyacinth removal starting on P8 with excavator and dumper trucks.
- Rooi kranz, Mantocka and Port Jackson Removal at Management Blocks 2 and 4.
- J dam Fishing bridge demolished and rebuilt.
See what we did this month.