Checking whats in the net.
All photographs by Erica Essig.
- Alien clearing of Management block 5 at Strandfontein birding area.
- Rubble and litter removal at Management block 7 of pelican park – serious dumping problem in this area.
- Started building 3 rafts which we will be using for various purposes on site.
- Removing Water Hyacinth from S3 – It’s a lot of work, but we are getting there.
- Planted gum tree stumps onto the island and at P2 and S4, as perches for cormorants.
- Clearing Port Jackson regrowth at Management block 7, Pelican Park.
- Fish trek at the Zeekoevlei canal – Tilapia, Carp and Mullet.
- Red necked Phalarope, Barn and Spotted Eagle Owls, Greenshank, Little Stint seen this month.
See what we have been doing this month.