Two of the current French volunteer students working at Strandfontein.
All photographs by Erica Essig.
- Installing cement bollards in all the quad bikers paths.
- Construction and rebuilding of the hippo boma.
- Monitoring and maintenance of the electric fence line.
- Building brush structure for bird roosting and nesting in pan W1.
- The Typha Management plan updated.
- Fixing soil erosion problems at J dam.
- Installation of a new fence along the Pelican Park eastern perimeter of the Reserve.
- Installed new door mechanism to the Bird Information Centre.
- Rebuilding of vandalised Baden Powell Road fence line.
- Removal of invasive bush and plants species in Management blocks 4 and 5.
See what we did this month.