Tracking hippos …. look at the size of the foot print.
All photographs by Erica Essig.
- Bob Marley the hippo, was finally caught and translocated to his new home near Mossel Bay.
- There is still another hippo in S1 pan. Please obey the rules stay out of the area.
- The EPWP staff members have started to cut all the vegetation from the island in S7. We are going to convert it into a new heronry and fingers crossed get some breeding going soon.
- We are still having serious issues with the trespassing quad bikers.
- We currently have some WESSA students working at Strandfontein, they getting stuck into field work and have received training in bird identification and ecological principles.
See what we did this month.