Conservation staff members checking up on a Cape Teal.
All photographs by Erica Essig.
- Skills Development contracts have been extended to May 2014.
- 2 x new EPWP team workers started this month.
- New hand railing put in at the Bird Information Centre. The building was plastered
and also painted. Looking fresh!
- New wooden boards put in at S3 canal as the grid was stolen. The wooden boards
have holes to let water out, and keep water hyacinth trapped.
- Removed Yucca plants, also testing a new herbicide on this plant type.
- Fire in Pelican Park Reserve. Quite intense, burnt roughly 3 – 4 hectares.
- Installed 1 x raft as a perching platform for pan S4.
See what we have been doing this month.