Gum tree branches placed in P1 for bird perches.
All photographs by Erica Essig.
- Installed more gum tree perches at P1 and S2 – have noted swallows and cormorats perching here.
- GIS mapped all the Imperenta grass patches in Pelican Park. This will be used to create our Kedestes monitoring protocol which is being piloted this year.
- Mangement block 5 has finally been cleared by the Strandfontein team.
- Mangemnet block 2 was initially cleared at Pelican Park by the IAS team.
- Excavators have left site. They didn’t finish the typha at P2, but the pan has had a major facelift.
- Plant ID conducted at Pelican Park with Robin and Pat Burnett and Ismat.
- Constant monitoring of all electric fencelines, bollards, barbed wire fenceline and Baden powell fenceline.
- Put up more bollards at Recife Close in Pelican Park because the quadbikers and cars were getting through the gaps.
- 3 Pectoral Sandpipers seen in P1.
See what else we did this month.