BirdLife South Africa, City of Cape Town and the Cape Bird Club hosted the 3rd annual Birdathon:
Fun Walk and Festival on the 28th March 2015 at the False Bay Nature Reserve on the eastern shore of Zeekoevlei.
Registration started at about 07h30 and participants were be able to walk at their leisure along the designated routes, until the start was closed off at 09h30.
- Melomed Hospital Group the key sponsor for the 2015 event,
- John Dory sponsored the Fish n Chip lunch for limited numbers of participants of the Fun Walk,
- Aquelle were the water sponsors along the route,
- Eagle Encounters brought their birds along,
- The Cape Reptile Club with their snakes and lizard,
- Radio 786 broadcasting live from their stand,
- The City’s Fire Dept had an information tent and brought a fire engine to the delight of the children,
- There were food stalls,
- The Cape Flats Fynbos Nursery with local indigenous plants for sale,
- The Cape Bird Club had an information stand along side,
- The False Bay Nature Reserve Environmental Education stand,
- The CTEET staff were there with their Dragon Boats too.